I have thought about hiking the Appalachian trail for quite some time.  I have decided that it will happen in two years after my son graduates from high school.  The only problem is that I now need to pick out some gear.  I plan on starting to look at tents over the next few days. 

I think that 1 person lightweight all weather tents would be a perfect choice. 

I am looking at the Hooligan lightweight 3 season backpacking Tent. This tent appears to be a good choice with a large floor area and rain fly.

The Alps Mountaineering hiking tent is another possibility that is lightweight and easy to set up.  It has a decent size floor area and great ventilation. 

Now the Zephyr is a very lightweight and easy to set up hiking tent. It seems to be good for most weather issues and will allow for a large floor area.

After looking at these three tents I will have to decide what I want to use.  Looks like I may be looking to purchase the Zephyr.

Jeremy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog